Sunday, October 18, 2009

Obama's Windows


Here's some pictures of the windows President Obama helped buy for our home. Yesterday Janene and I installed the new windows in our living room. We made kind of a mess. We had to remove the sheetrock to get the old windows out and then cut them out of the frame with a sawzall since they were nailed in behind the brick.

We had to remove some of the brick because the new windows are smaller than the old ones so they don't have to be tempered. Of course, it didn't help that the bricks were falling down anyway. The new windows will go well with the new siding we installed earlier this summer. I will get to learn how to be a brick mason tomorrow as we lay new bricks. Well, they aren't really new bricks. We saved old bricks that match by burying them in the back yard under the redwood stairs.

Now it's time to get them out. We are glad we saved them. It would be hard to match this old brick. The windows are low-e, argon filled and are supposed to be very energy efficient. That is how we got President Obama to pay for 30% of the cost. I hear there is also a Questar rebate, but we haven't figured that part out yet
.
Even though the house was a mess, we still had our grandkids over for Nathan's birthday and root beer floats. We also got to spend some time with little Ben. (Someday we will probably call him Big Ben) For now, we are glad he's little, cute and snugly
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

That doesn't look like our house! Ahhh! I'm sure I'll get used to it, but change is always so strange! They do look very nice - way to improve!