So, my truck has a shift lever like every other vehicle with an automatic transmission. You are supposed to use it to shift into gear and (especially) into Park. Mine even has a nifty little switch to put the transmission into overdrive that's pretty cool.
But what are you supposed to do when the thing breaks off in your hand when you shift (with your crippled arm, even)? I got on line and found out that people think you need to replace the entire shift lever - which requires removing the steering wheel and column. I couldn't believe that, so I went to the Ford dealer. They said this happens all the time and yes, you do have to replace the entire shift lever. Oh, and by the way, "we don't stock that item- you have to special order it". Here is my question. If this happens all the time, why don't you have one in stock? All of this comes after I just had to spend over $100.00 to replace a defective battery that was under warranty. Maybe I will just start walking to work. I think I could have gotten there faster walking after the slow commute today anyway. Arggh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Duct tape? You can always borrow the Pilot if you need to . . . it's feeling sad and neglected.
Hmmm ... Duct Tape. You might have something there
I could have told you that. I cracked mine 8 years back. Fixed it with super glue and then learned to only shift with the metal part. No problems since.
Post a Comment