Friday, October 30, 2009

Movie Nights


With Janene flat on her back, we are getting to watch some movies we have never seen. We watched a movie called The Bachelor that compared unmarried men to wild mustangs. Our RS Prez, who is a wonderful woman, devoted entirely to her calling, she brought over about twenty movies. The next was a Tom Hanks film called BIG. It was a cute film that made you think how important it is to have a childhood but also that you don't want to go back and do it all over again. It would help if you had a TV Guardian to watch it. Our favorite (so far) is this Sidney Poitier movie called "A Patch of Blue". I recommend this movie to anyone, but especially to our kids. It gives you an idea of what it was like to grow up in the 50's and 60's, although the lives portrayed are anything but what my life was like with kind and loving parents who taught us that all of us are children of God. We have more in store for us including chick flicks from our RS Prez. They include Shall We Dance, Return to Me, My Fair Lady, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Must Love Dogs, Miss Congeniality, The Family Man, Tuck Everlasting, Sabrina, and Chocolat. Any suggestions on which to see next?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marie said...

"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is a must-see.

Crystal said...

Some of those movies I haven't seen, but like the above comment said- "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is a must see. That movie was talked up so much on how good it was, I was afraid when I saw it I would be disappointed. But I definately was not.
Also, I love "Return to Me." It's one of my favorites. Just a feel good movie. Also, I love the music in it.