Monday, October 12, 2009

More about Tucson

Ok, so you know that we were in Tucson. We had some fun there. Here we are at the opening reception that had a western theme. Our grandsons are going to end up with some of our regalia. Why were we smiling? We had just eaten some incredible food. The chefs at the Marriott really know their stuff. And -- Josh from work looked pretty funny with his cowboy getup. ( We didn't know at the time what we looked like)
We went on a jeep expedition in the Sonoran desert with some new friends. Our guide was Chris (shown here holding the coyote skull). She was a newbie to the job and we had to teach her how to take the Jeep out of 4-wheel drive, but she really knew all about the desert plants and wildlife. We went with Edna and Zeev from Israel. If I closed my eyes, Edna sounded just like one of our other friends from Israel. Her accent was just like Dina's.
We spent quite a bit of time with Peter and Michael from the island nation of Barbados. They told us about their lives in Barbados and Janene really wowed them with her stories about being a beekeeper. I think we scored big. We got an invitation to visit them in Barbados and see their business and sights around the island.
I just had to put up a picture of one half of the big and spacious building we got to stay in. You would think this was our summer palace in Babylon, the way we were pampered and spoiled. I especially liked their shower head. It sounded like a jet engine when you turned it on. I think I have bruises on my back from the water pulses. And then we had to come home to our dribble head. We love our home, but sure wish we had more than 25 pounds of water pressure.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kara and Mike Barber said...

Looks like you had fun! Thanks for your nice comment! It was good to see you last weekend even though it was only for a minute, hopefully we can get together over the holidays!

Heather K. said...

That does look like the great and spacious building.

Diana said...

John and I wondered where you went! Looks like loads of fun. Take us with you in your back pocket next time, will ya?