Saturday, October 24, 2009

Masonic Work

OK - So I will never malign a brick mason again. This week, in my spare time, I have been re-laying the bricks on the front of the house under the new windows. Prior to this, I was found complaining that the bricks along the side of the window were not even or level. Once I started putting in the new bricks, I realized how hard that is do do. After all, the bricks aren't all exactly the same size. And the mud - the mud is just a mess. How can anyone get it exactly right?
I had the same thoughts about plumbers. You know the old saying "The only two things a plumber needs to know is that $%*! flows downhill and payday is on Friday". That thought went up in smoke the first time I tried to solder a fitting to a piece of copper pipe. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop the connection from leaking. Maybe I can retain my disdain for lawyers. Do you know any good lawyer jokes?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: