Here is a picture I stole from Shon & Mel's blog that shows how the jeep - and kids, were decorated for the parade. Pretty cool if you ask me.
I arranged to meet his family at his favorite fireworks spot. Shon really knows where the best spot is to see the fireworks. We were right at the base of the hill where they are launched. There was hardly anyone there. I got to have a great time with Shon, Mel, Isabel, Max and Jake laying (or is it "lying") in the grass telling stories about good times. Shon said he thought that they had spent $20,000 on the fireworks, but at 10:25 PM with the show still going strong, I looked at him and said "They have spent a lot more than $20,000 on this". I found out from someone else that they spent at least $120,000. That much money going up in smoke was a staggering thought. I thought about all the people who are unemployed and those that come down to the Food Pantry. That much money could train a lot of people to work at new jobs. If I ran the world, that much money would not be allowed to go up in smoke, but then - Would I have called up my number one son and said "Can we just hang out for the next few hours?" On second thought, it was worth every penny.


2 comments:
nice blog...!
check out these links for various tips n tricks....
http://tipsntrickswonder.blogspot.com/
http://tipsntrickswonder.co.cc/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tips-n-Tricks-Wonder/122917111118041
nice blog...!
check out these links for various tips n tricks....
http://tipsntrickswonder.blogspot.com/
http://tipsntrickswonder.co.cc/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tips-n-Tricks-Wonder/122917111118041
Post a Comment