I talked with Tyler's Mom tonight via Skype. Is that cool or what? She told me where they just went to visit at a place called Watson's Bay It looks like a great place to visit. The natives call it the suicide place. I can't figure out why anyone would want to end their life when they are surrounded by such beauty, but I know that people who make decisions like that aren't really thinking straight.
Her stroller wheel broke so she had me send her one from her garage. I had to go to the Post Office to send it and while I was waiting in line for my turn, the clerk was asking the man in front of me something about his package. He wasn't responding so the clerk asked again. Then the man just sort of slumped over the counter. I dropped my package and grabbed him before he fell over and then helped him slowly down to the floor.
He wasn't conscious and his breathing was really slow. He was white as a ghost with blue lips and sweating profusely. I thought he was having a heart attack for sure. He came to after about a minute and was really confused and didn't know how he got there. I told him I needed to call the paramedics - something he didn't want me to do. He said he was fine, but when he stood up, all the color drained out of his face and we had to lay him down again. I called 911 anyway. By the time they arrived, he was doing OK, but he had no idea what had just happened to him. I told him that normally, 32 yr. old men don't fall over at the post office. If he thought he was OK, he wasn't really thinking straight.
After I answered the paramedics questions, I sent the package off (after the Post Office closed for the night) and asked him if he was mad at me for calling 911. It didn't really matter what he thought, I would do it again and maybe even faster - without permission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And you will never know what happened, right? Brooke, I guess your stroller wheel broke for a reason; maybe if not, an old lady would have been behind the man and he would have fallen over and knocked her out too.
Post a Comment