Monday, August 29, 2011

Farewell to a Friend

A friend of mine passed away last night after having some health problems at work. Steve Cox served as the South Davis Metro Fire Marshal and I was able to work with him on several projects in the South Davis area including the Bountiful Recreation Center. I had talked with him just this month. We joked a few times about the time his crew responded to our home and ended up saving my life. If he thought I was being difficult to work with, he would say something like " Do I have to send the paramedics to your house again?" I guess that would be to teach me some humility. It hardly seems real that someone as vibrant and caring could be gone from your life in a moment, but I know from experience that is exactly how some leave us. As I have watched several people I know return to Our Father this year I am reminded that I need to take the time now to let everyone know how much I love and appreciate them. You never know when it will be too late.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

So sad for his family, but his funeral was AMAZING. That was a very interesting sight to see. I was thinking, though, that there are a lot of people in my life who deserve a tribute of that level. Like you and your beautiful wife and your awesome daughter, Heather.