With our garden getting a really late start this year, we are super pleased with how it is turning out. The potatoes are doing fine, with big luscious plants (maybe little fingerling potatoes too!)
Peas as tall as me! They are just about done now, but the lettuce, kale, spinach and swiss chard are looking mighty fine.
Even though the peppers are still small, we were able to pick a Poblano and an Anaheim today. Zucchini's will be ready to pick tomorrow, the onions can now be picked as needed.
The carrots, beets, cabbage, brussel sprouts and squashes are all growing just as we would hope.
And last of all, the asparagus ( or is it asparagi) are now looking awful hairy since we quit picking the shoots. Add a few garlic and tomatoes and it looks like it will be a successful year after all.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I say, what a lovely garden you have!
Wife
You know, you're just making us all feel bad, right? Everything I planted is failing - I have to live off the things that seem to plant themselves. This year I have mystery tomatillos in my flowerbeds. . . but I'll take success anywhere I can get it!
Post a Comment