For the past year or so, one of my bigger customers has been IN-N-OUT Burgers. We have enjoyed working with this California company. They have been more concerned about the quality of their food and pleasing their customers than most I have dealt with over the years. Every time they open a new store, I am invited to bring my family for a pre-opening bash. This time, the new store was in West Valley, so I brought Brooke and Steve and Michael and Lily. We had a hard time keeping Mikey from joining the 40 or so other IN-N-OUT employees back in the kitchen.
We can order as many items of whatever we want from the menu - and it is all FREE! The kids ordered one of everything on the menu to feed their family. If you've been to IN-N-OUT, you know that they have a pretty limited menu, so Brooke and Steve aren't really the pigs I made them sound like they were. There are some "secret" ways to order, that you have to be a real INO connoisseur to understand. I think Steve ordered his fries "animal style".
Lily thought her Pink Shake was the cat's meow ( or slurp!) With one of everything to try, we got a good sample of lots of food. I especially enjoyed the break from the fruits and vegetables Janene usually makes us. She complained the whole time that it wasn't very healthy, but I noticed that she ate all the fries and saw her hide a look of private delight as she wolfed down her burger. The next one to open up is going to be in Centerville, a little closer to home. After that, I'll have to take the family to Texas for the grand openings. There are forty or fifty new stores coming up in Texas. It's too bad that Katie is coming home from Texas this week. One bright side though, there is an IN-N-OUT just down the road in Washington, Utah. As a family, we had a super fun time together.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Cute post - thanks for journaling our outing for us! I think I'll just link to it. . . not bad for a cell phone! Thanks for taking us with you!
Post a Comment