A person would think that if you had a granddaughter get married and you had a blog that you wouldn't wait a month or so to tell about it. I have so much catching up to do that it is not funny. Our son Doug's oldest daughter, Chelsey was married last month. The wedding started with Chelsey's daughter spreading rose petals down the garden walkway. To be honest, it really started with WAITING - a lot of waiting. But when the bride-to-be finally came out, it was all worth the wait.
Doug was able to walk Chelsey down the pathway where their bishop was waiting to marry them. I swear that I have never seen Doug so nervous. When we first arrived, Doug's son Jeremy came over and told me that Doug was not able to make it there in time. "Dad's stuck somewhere in Wyoming, still delivering his route", he explained. Since Doug got his old truck driving job back, he has been pulling some pretty long hauls, so it didn't seem too far-fetched. "Whoa", I thought. "Doug is going to be in the doghouse for months". Then I caught a little glimmer in Jeremy's eye and knew he was yanking my chain.
And speaking of "dress uniform" Chelsey was stunning and radiant ( sounds kinda like some high society reporter, doesn't it) in her ivory bodiced gown. I actually don't really know how to describe the dress. I couldn't tell you what fabric it was made of (or anything else, for that matter). What I do know was that she wore the biggest smile I have seen on her since she was just a little girl. I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of Angie. As the busy mother, she was always doing something for someone else in the background.

2 comments:
Really nice!!! WOW!!!
q bonito esta tu blog
Post a Comment