Usually, every Sunday, one of our kids will come over to our house. These are not often quiet affairs with thoughtful conversation by the fire. One or two of the grandkids will head up to the loft to play or drop bombs on their unsuspecting parents below. Another will head to the toy room or the costume closet. Angie and David brought their little (not so little anymore) family tonight. Nathan was his usual inquisitive self and pretty much wore his mother out.
More likely than not, you will find Laura up on the loft reading a book, but this time she spent a lot of her time helping Mom and Dad take care of the other kids. She can talk to you about complicated issues and is the only girl I know who begged her mother to create a chore chart so she could fill it up with things she wants to do around the house.
Sam is looking awful grown-up with his shirt and tie. Somehow, he lost his coat by the time it was time to go home, so he must have been up to something. He can run around the circle in the living room and kitchen so fast that I could never catch up to him and he loves to push his little brother on the jumping jack.
Little Ben was the star of the show as he got to swing in the jumper and jump up and down on people's laps. He always has a smile on his face, even when you can see he is a little nervous about where his big brother is pushing him. He can almost sit up by himself and can now roll over. It was only yesterday that he came to our family, but already we don't know what we ever did without him. We still don't know whether Angie & David will get the Bountiful house, but we are hoping they can be a lot closer soon. We look forward to some Sunday parties at their house. Who needs football games when we have such a good time just playing with our little ones.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I saw Angie and David and their family arrive at your house and I almost stopped because I wanted to see Ben in person. Fortunately I've seen pictures (because of your blog) but I haven't met him yet.
Sounds like you had a fun evening.
Post a Comment