Monday, February 9, 2009

"Bartender! I'll have one more... Swordplant?"

Isabel made us all proud with her winning Science Fair project last month. Her hypothesis was that plants should grow just the same if you feed them water or alcohol. So what was her super plant nutrient? How about VODKA! She watered swordplants with water, beer and vodka. Needless to say, by the time the test period was over, some of her plants were a little tipsy - not to mention, a bit rubbery and (dare we say it?) a might on the pickled side. What surprised me was that they weren't dead. Hmmm - I wonder what a Diet Coke diet would do? Isabel, you better head back to the lab. Your work is not done. I told her about her dad's project that got him all the way to the district level. She turned to her dad and said "I thought you said they kicked you out and wouldn't let you enter your project?" Shon! It looks like you've got some s'plaining to do. You go, girl!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

14 weeks! That's forever! What a lot of work - good for Isabel!