Tuesday, February 17, 2009

RP + JP VALENTINE

R & J
ROBIN AND JANENE
ALSO ROMEO AND JULIET,
ALWAYS THERE THROUGH
JOY AND SORROW.
HELPING HANDS SO LINKED TOGETHER
THEY OFTEN MOVE AS ONE;
A SHINING LESSON
OF WHAT'S POSSIBLE
WHEN LOVE IS FOCUSED
AND YET HAS A WIDE ANGLE LENS.

My mother wrote this poem for us for Valentines Day. I think she wrote one for every one of us in the family. It reminded me of something I did on our third anniversary of knowing each other. We were having one of our difficult times, and I went for a hike by myself and carved our initials into this tree just below Grandview Peak in a lovesick moment. I knew then that I wanted to be with Janene for my whole life. I wasn't thinking about the rules about not carving your initials in a tree. It was only a few month later that we were married and we have lived happily ever after. It hasn't always been easy; we have had to work hard at it. I do lots of stupid things, but Janene always finds a way to forgive me and over the years we have become a good team. We have a goal to be together forever. I heard Elder Holland say that he could not imagine heaven without his family. The thought reminded me of our hope of being united together as a complete family for the rest of time. We have that wide view and it governs most of our decisions in this life (except when I forget and do something stupid or selfish). I do love this girl and want to be with her forever. Happy Valentine's Day, babe.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: