Friday, April 30, 2010

Grandpa's Pride and Joy

Mikey and Lily came to visit last week and when it was time for them to go home, Mikey cried and cried. "I want to stay at Grandpa's house". Atta boy Mikey! It's always been Grandma's house for all the other kids. While Mikey was still sobbing, Lily wanted to pose for pictures on the front porch. Is that a cute little granddaughter?
On Monday, we shared family night with Angella and David's family. Ben wanted to have his picture taken, but he kept virtually crawling into the lens. I have lots of pictures of his big blue eyes - out of focus. It was only yesterday that he was a newborn baby. Just look at him now. When it was time for Ben to go to bed, he cried for the longest time. It was heartbreaking.
And then there is Sam. Sam always used to pose for the camera with his trademark Cheshire Cat grin. I talked to him about not goofing off and he came up with a nice grown-up smile. You can sure tell he and Ben are brothers. If i could find pictures of the two of them at the same age, they would look like twins. I realized that the little kids aren't getting as much face time on the blog. I will try to be better at that for their sake. I just wanted to share some recent pictures of my precious ones.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

Man - you're not kidding. What an adorable grand daughter you have! :)

Diana said...

Those little ones are truly precious. It's so fun how one can see a little of the grandparents in each one of them, tho. And I LOVE it when the little ones want to stay when it's time to go home. It makes you feel like you've done SOMETHING right!