I had great plans for an April Fools blog post. First I thought about maybe posting that I had lost my job, but since that could be close to a real possibility with the decline in the construction industry, that wouldn't be funny. Then I thought, "Why not announce that Janene and I had been called on a mission to Mongolia?" Nope, we know someone that went there. That wouldn't be funny. That would be too cruel to our grandkids. Besides, some people at church might believe it since it is one our goals as a couple, and I would have a hard time explaining why we weren't really going.
I remember one time when my mom wasn't feeling too well, sick in bed, and I decided to scare her into thinking I had been bitten by a black widow.....(or something involving spiders). Turned out not to be funny, for me - or her. Then there was the April 1st that I got up in the morning, put on my nice clean underwear, and then found out later that Janene had sewed up the flap in the front. Again - not funny!
I guess I'm just not cut out to be an April Fools jokester. I would like to hear about some of your favorite April Fools pranks, though. I can laugh at the things other people do to each other. I just can't bring myself to do it to people I love.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The underwear thing is priceless. Score one for your wife! One time I got into the locker of a coworker and took one of his work shirts home. Then I sewed the sleeves shut and brought the shirt back and placed it in his locker. It was pretty funny and he was very very confused.
We had a wacky dinner. We had what looked like dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert. If you want to see pics, you can check it out on my blog on www.radpots.com
Post a Comment