Saturday, April 3, 2010

Time for Janene to shine

I am always posting pictures that I took or would like everyone to think that I took. Many of our family photos have been taken by my talented (and lovely) bride. I thought today would be a good time to show off some of her photography.
These first two pictures were taken last year on our trip to Colorado. Janene has an artistic eye and a talent for composition that really stands out. She is often very aware of textures and contrasts that I walk right past.
Janene is used to dealing with details, especially as she has been involved in her pottery work. Often, the difference between a beautiful pot and one that goes to DI is a small detail, a double line instead of a single one, a slightly muted glaze instead of a colorful one, or some such intricacy. She will throw stuff away that I think is awesome. That attention to detail, I think, helps her in her subjects for photography. She took the picture below, I am sure, to document the creation of our dining room set , but the placement, shadows, color and texture demonstrate her talents as an artist, not just her excellent craftsmanship. Our home is a beautiful warm place thanks to her creativity.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Crystal said...

What?! She sends some pottery to the DI? I am going to be looking for it now.
I know Janene is probably not pleased with you bragging about her, but she is one amazing person and deserves her time to shine. Thanks for sharing a few of her talents with us.

Marie said...

Who in the world MAKES her own set of dishes? Only Janene. She is one amazing woman. It's beautiful.

Diana said...

There is just not anything this woman can not do. How did you get so lucky? She's pretty lucky too! The photos are beautiful and the pottery is absolutely amazing.