I came home from work to the sight of a full moon rising over the mountains behind our home. I must get out the camera was my thought. I did and then realized that it would be another hour before it came up over our hill. That meant only one thing. I had to hike up the hill to the garden in the snow. I only fell twice on the way up, but once I got up there,there was no good angle on the moonrise, so I got it coming up over Dee Winegar's old home. I built that chimney, so it seemed only fitting.
While I was up there I got to see what happens to Brussell Sprouts if you leave them through the winter. We probably won't be eating any of these now. At least I think the aphids are finally dead.
Turning to the west, I watched the sun set over the Oquirrh Mountains as planes landed at the airport.
And then watched as the urban rats invaded our neighborhood. About ten of these guys were in the field across the street. I thought I was going to get a good picture because I saw two four or five year old boys out on their balcony looking at the deer. Suddenly they disappeared into the house only to return with toy squirt guns - and began firing away. I couldn't get both the deer and their attackers in the same picture, but it would have been pretty cool. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You could be a photographer... but maybe don't give up your day-job just yet! That moon is awesome.
Post a Comment