Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Joys of Christmas

One of the joys of Christmas is the chance we get to see all of our children and grandchildren together on one day. We are lucky parents. We have all of our children living within 10 miles of our home. We get to see them often, but we rarely get to see them all at one time. It is a hectic and chaotic time, but it is also a joyous time, a wonderful time.
Everyone has a smile on their face. We all love each other and love being together. I know that there is a chance that this is only a small moment. Someone will move away. Lives will change. But for now, we have to enjoy every moment of it. Every year some grandchild breaks some treasured ornament or decoration, but this is a small price to pay to be able to enjoy these times together
Years ago, I would go with my family to my Grandpa and Grandma Morton's home for Christmas Eve. We loved being with our cousins and aunts and uncles. Now, I would be lucky if I were to be able to recognize one of my cousins on the street. The tradition was too difficult for them to maintain as the families grew, moved away, and relationships changed.
Every year, I am thankful that we have the close and loving family that we do. This is one of the tender mercies in our life. Every year I pray that we can remain together, that the eternal relationships we are building here will grow stronger, that the bonds of love will continue to strengthen as we show love to each other.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diana said...

We are so lucky to have family.... Loved your testimony yesterday. Thank you for all you do for so many. We appreciate you.