I decided to share some photos of Heather I have just found. Why Heather? I don't know - it just seemed like a good time to spotlight her here. The top one is Heather at a dance recital. We have another one that is pretty dang cute with her holding a little doll, but I didn't think anyone had seen this one in a while. She was a darling girl and you could always catch her in a serious pose.
Even selling lemonade at her stand in front of our house, she could be caught in a contemplative moment. That is not to say that she doesn't have her wild and goofy side. She has done some crazy things (filming a short video with David and Crystal under the viaduct on Highway 89 comes to mind) and can laugh with the best of them, but Heather has always been a deep thinker. I have learned some of my best spiritual lessons from her, as she has shared her understanding of Christ and what his atoning sacrifice means for us. Her faith in our Savior has allowed her to do miraculous things.
Heather and Joseph have created a beautiful family with a peaceful, loving feeling amid the chaos of rambunctious boys in a home under construction. They can be found every evening singing with their children at home before nightly prayers. We were blessed two weeks ago to hear their family sing a song in church on Sunday in the very building where I heard Janene first sing a solo in church. It wasn't hard to see the similarities between my daughter and my bride in that setting. (Elsie and Joseph did a great job too!) Heather has become a thoughtful, caring mother who can goof off with her kids one minute and point out the meaning of life's deepest questions the next. We could not ask for more as parents, and enjoy being able to walk to her home on occasion.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a sweet tribute! I know Brooke always looked up to Heather when we were young. I'm sure she still does. Although I think I remember Brooke telling me about a time when Heather walked down the street with underwear on her head.
Post a Comment