Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Remember this? This was last year on New Years Day. We were enjoying the new year in our new hot tub in the sub-freezing weather. How soon the proud are fallen! This year, no hot tub - no midnight party. Oh - we had a party last night at our house all right --- but we weren't there. Janene and I were sound asleep in our comfy little bed while Chelane and her friends were downstairs watching "Transformers" on the telly. I have never understood why it made sense to stay up way late, overeat, party, and then wake up with a headache on the first day of the year. How is that a good way to start the new year? Well, the answer is ... it's not. So we were fully sober and responsible as we sat down and planned out our goals for the year and then went off to Heather and Joe's home to help them get their new bathroom ready for sheetrock. Are we just a little boring?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I don't think you're boring. I think you're smart. New Year's Eve is such a strange holiday, primarly meant for people who drink.
I wanted to stay home and go to bed, but ended up deciding to go with my hubby up to his parent's house because I wanted to be with him and I didn't want to spoil his fun. We didn't even count down to midnight. Weird holiday.