Our newly found photos reveal the unique bond that our daughters have with each other as sisters. We seem to have few pictures of our individual girls. They are always together sharing the experiences of our lives, arm in arm. I can rarely think of Angie without also thinking of her roommate Heather. The same goes for Brooke and Chelane.
The times they shared together brought them close to each other. The bonds they forged in their youth have kept them close to each other as they have each gone their own ways, with their families of their own. They still do things together with their children including zoo trips, museums and family trips together.
One of their unique activities is a regular Sister's Day. On Sister's Day they all get together with mother and meet at one of their homes. They spend time together on a project - maybe pulling weeds, maybe painting a room, sometimes routine cleaning. Someone watches the kids or they take turns with the children so everyone can pitch in together. When the work is done, it's time to play with games or treats for everyone.
They remember to invite their other sisters, Shon's wife Melinda, Lisseth, Doug's wife Angie, cousins Krystal and Karissa, sometimes even Mindy and Katie. They can't all come every time, but they keep it up. A priceless tradition and an idea that could only come from loving sisters who long to be together again, just like they were when they brought joy to our family together in our home. Sisters forever, forever loving, forever together and forever strong.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Love the pictures! You have some wonderful children and although I'm not related by blood or marriage, I'd like to think that I an honorary sister as I've been invited to some Sister's days as well.
My Sister's and I don't exactly do Sister's day, but with Jennifer and I everyday is Sister's day. If I go a day without seeing her and talking to her I miss her.
Reading this post made me think of my little boys and I am soooo glad they have each other. It melts my heart when they get along.
How very sweet! But I must say, that is quite the hairdo on Chelane in that first picture.
Post a Comment