Sunday, January 6, 2013

What to do? What to Say?

Well, Christmas presented (no pun intended) me with a dilemma. My sister gave me a nice wooden candle holder with a votive candle inside. I really liked the thing, especially the wording on the front, but I have sworn off real candles in the home after our almost catastrophic melt down a few years ago. (see A Cautionary Holiday Tale) I didn't want to disappoint my sister and just haul it off to DI. I didn't want to re-gift it either, since that would just possibly burn down someone else's home. So after a little thought, I found the perfect place for it on my drafting desk at work. It now holds all my stuff for marking plans and doing takeoffs. I can see it everyday and remember the thoughtfulness of a beloved sister.

Sorry, Sis. I did have to send the votive candle to the landfill.

4 comments:

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.