Friday, April 8, 2011

It's going way too fast for me!

They grow up faster than you can blink!


This weekend another of our grandchildren will be baptized. I remember the day she was born. We were going to have lots of girls in our little grand-family. The promise far outweighed the reality. Now our little girls are attending their "maturation clinics".
These little ones will not be little much longer. Brooke's little Tyler is now walking  crawling ( check out her blog). Michael has a cheezy grin for his kindergarten picture. Sam reads for five hours at a sitting. Max is almost as tall as I am.

The other day, I awoke from a terrible nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep. (I guess it was really "the other night"). I dreamed we were somewhere camping and Cy showed up with his family. Cy loves to be tickled, so I ran over and wrestled him to the ground, pulled up his shirt, and started tickling. Then Cy looked up at me and said "Grandpa! I'm a senior in high school now!" Someday, he will be. And no more tickling from Grandpa.




And this little guy. He never finds any time to go fishing anymore. They all grow up way too fast. Luckily for me, it was just a Scrooge-esque dream. I still have a little time left.

3 comments:

Heather K. said...

Oh, stop! Her baptism isn't until tomorrow, and I'm already starting to cry.

Freebairn Family said...

A few things. Tyler is crawling, not walking. Thank heavens! Also, Shon may have been the cutest little boy ever. You need a fishing wall in your house somewhere with such precious photos hanging.

And finally, your loving grand-daughters are going to hate you for using the phrase "maturation clinic" in a post about their baptisms. . . Sheesh - how embarrassing!

Robin said...

Actually, the "maturation clinic" reference is to other granddaughters, but it is true.
Mom