Chelane - Doctor of Pharmacy
The day has finally arrived. Chelane has finished her last day of schooling to become a Pharmacist. Later next month she will officially graduate with a degree from the University of Utah as a Doctor of Pharmacy. The University of Utah College of Pharmacy is one of the most rigorous in the nation and is rated number 4 in the country for research productivity by the National Institutes of Health. Chelane has done this almost entirely on her own and has stuck to it even at times when she wished she could quit.

As parents, we have always dreamed that one of our children would become a doctor. Janene would have made a great Jewish mother. (My daughter, the doctor). We have these thoughts of being taken care of in our old age by our rich offspring. All of our kids are well grounded and won't fall victim to worldly ways, so that probably won't happen. The time commitment for Chelane to do this has been unbelievable. After graduation, she will be serving a residency at St Luke's Hospital in Boise where they specialize in Oncology. This will just add to the nine years of school since she left high school.

Watch for the graduation announcement to come out this month, but we wanted to brag a little about our little girl beforehand. We also wanted to show off some of the pictures that Crystal Gerber took of her on her one day off , before she headed to her rotation in Thailand. We can't express to Crystal what a good job she did with these photos. They are just awesome! I suppose that part of the reason is that she had such good material to work with. I will sign off now before I burst any more buttons.
4 comments:
So much for the pictures! I tried to put them up twice, but for some reason they are not working
When I saw the title "Doctor in the house", I thought you were referring to the dangerous things Chelane is always doing. She has been adventuring in Thailand, cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, falling off of scooters, diving to explore wwII ship wrecks...if I think about it too much, I become a wreck myself! Yes, I am a doting mother, what can I say?
Janene
Pretty good reason to be bursting those buttons, isn't it?
Chelane!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE are so proud of you! You are not only living a dream for yourself, but for all of us! You go girl!!!!
Post a Comment