Friday, February 18, 2011
Starry Moonlit Night
Yesterday, as I was driving home from work, the moon came up in Emigration Canyon at exactly the same time that the sun went down. Here was this enormous moon bracketed between snow covered peaks tinted red by the evening sun. Where was my camera? I had the tripod, but alas, no camera. Tonight I had my camera, but the moon came up later, and was nowhere near as large. While I was taking this picture, it seemed like every photographer in Bountiful had been summoned to the same spot. Suddenly, I found myself discussing ISO speeds, aperature and exposure with people that know a lot more about photography than I do. I am very used to being the only one around with a camera, so this was a little unnerving to have someone looking over my shoulder. I hope to be better prepared the next time the moon is in a dramatic position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Last night when we left swimming lessons, just after 6:00, the moon was huge right by the mountains and Lily shouted, "Look! The moon is freaky!" I agreed :)
Sounds like a good way to make some new friends! Of course who needs friends when you have me? Answer: everyone. Looks like a lovely picture. Theoon wS gorgeous on our drive to St George. Love ya, janene
I tend to think of you as somebody who knows a lot about photography. Maybe people can "wing it" when it comes to digital photography but you were taking amazing pictures long before digital.
Post a Comment