Friday, December 31, 2010

I want to go in there!

Our granddaughter Lily was over here the other day for a visit. We are repairing holes in the wall in the guest bathroom, but every time the door is opened all the way, the door handle hits the wall. It keeps knocking a hole in the wall.

Lily just happens to be the same height as the hole in the wall. Her Mom, Brooke, found her looking into the hole. Lily said "Mom, I want to go in there". What makes an almost three year old tick? As I have thought about this, I realized that Lily probably has never opened up a wall and looked inside. She has never had to repair a hole in the wall. Lily has been around construction with her basement being finished, so she knows there is nothing inside there but empty space... or does she? I opened up the wall and took a picture inside. The next time she comes over I am going to show her what's inside. I hope that clears things up for her. When we play hide and seek, she is hard enough to find. I don't want her crawling inside one of our walls some day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Cute! It's amazing what little kids come up with.