Tuesday, January 27, 2009
A Trip to the Mailbox
Every once in a while, the ordinary is transformed into something of beauty. Last night, about 10:30PM, I realized we had not gone down to get the mail. I didn't need to go do that at that late hour; I knew there would only be bills, credit card offers and charity requests (sometime I will have to expound on that!). But as I turned to head back up the driveway I was greeted with this view of our home during a snowstorm. Having worked on some very nice homes in Park City, I sometimes feel that our home is somehow too ordinary and plain. I think I needed this little reminder of how excited Janene and I were as we laid out the plans and then built this home with the help of our whole family, and the joys we have experienced as six little ones (and two not so little ones) were raised in this home. In the concrete of our doorstep is inscribed this little phrase " THIS HOME IS BUILT ON A FOUNDATION OF LOVE. MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS ALL WHO ENTER". This has truly been the case, and I would do well to remember that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have always loved your house. It has so much character, inside and out. I love it's curb appeal, the layout with plenty of bedrooms upstairs, the loft, dining area with french doors that go out onto the back porch, the fireplace in the living room, I could go on and on. Some day I would like to have a home of my own and I would like for it to have some of the same characteristics of yours, most important I want it to be cozy and inviting like yours.
I love your house and the fact you guys "did it yourself." Not only are you a part of it, but it is a part of you. Diana
I always lovvvved hanging out at your house!! A great house indeed!!
Post a Comment