Friday, November 7, 2014

Elsie Kate - Child Actress

So tonight, we got to see the rest of the story. Our granddaughter, Elsie, had a starring role in The Candy Bomber, just like Sam. It was like deja vu all over again as the curtain pulled back and there was a different grandchild singing and dancing her way to stardom.
Elsie had the role of the American ambassador  with plenty of singing. I think it's funny that in all the pictures I have of her, everyone in the cast has their eyes on her, as if to say "Wow, that girl can sing!" Wait a minute, didn't I say something like that about Sam?

I found myself wishing that I had had my new camera last year when she played the part of a French feather duster in a different play. She really was incredible in that play, but my pictures don't do her justice.

 Elsie even got the chance this time to sing a solo and be in the spotlight. She played some other parts in the play, but I was not strategically located to get her best side (I did get her backside). It's a little strange watching the same play twice, but with different kids. Each one brings their own personality to the part, but they both shone brightly


 Of course, the family privileges allowed us backstage (well, it was really frontstage, to be honest) with this budding actress. This is the third play in which she has played a major role. For someone who was scared to even talk to his teacher, I just stand in awe of what these kids, and especially Elsie have been able to do. BRAVISSIMA CHICA!








1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

What fun! She's definitely growing up!