Saturday, December 15, 2012

Service Night 2012

 Angie invited our whole family to a night of service at her happy Christmas home in the mountains. As snow fell silently outside, we enjoyed a fun dinner and then got to work preparing missionary packages for Tiffany, Mary and our friend Judy. Every child made something special for all our girls serving across the country.
 We also prepared a gift basket for a family in need. Janene and I waited at the Post Office early this morning (only the busiest day of the year). Actually, I sat in the car while Janene jockeyed for the first place in line. Look at who is on her way to being a teenager!
 No more baby bellies here! Instead, the twins from different mothers (not really so different) had fun together. It looks like next year we may have two more babies to show off that will be about the same age. One of the moms was not able to be with us because of morning, noon and night sickness. We all missed Shon & Mel and their family, but they had a company party the same night on top of pregnancy sickness. Get better! And of course, Chelane had to work with her week on - week off schedule.
 Holiday hat night as the kids gathered around the TV to watch a Christmas show. For some reason, the biggest kid would not wear a silly hat.
 This kind of thing reminds me of the times I used to spend on Christmas Eve with all my cousins. I love the bond that our grandkids all have with each other. Janene and I hope that they will always be close and share the love we have found in our family. I know the boys can't wait to get together and cause a little mayhem. Sometimes they get a little rough and one of them gets hurt, sometimes they even get their feelings hurt, but they always seem to get over it. Isabel and Laura have some of the same classes together in their junior high.
We all have our challenges, but I think our family is as close to perfect as they come!

3 comments:

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.