I got a fun surprise tonight as seventeen spooky grandkids showed up with their friend Kevin. They sent Kevin to the front door first. "Trick or Treat" I heard on the other side of the door. I opened the door, but the door hit Kevin (in a Darth Vader costume) in the hand and he fell over backwards, hitting his head on our concrete porch. It took me a little bit to figure out that Kevin was a dummy. Then, suddenly there were seventeen little ones who looked vaguely familiar filling our home.
We all then headed over to my Dad & Mom's house where we found another ghoulish visitor. He almost looked like he could be Jake's older brother.
He grabbed Elsie and I thought she was doomed, but it turned out he just wanted to dance.
Pretty soon Elsie just melted into his animatronic arms. In the end, she figured out he didn't have a heart.
Sam become his little little buddy after that.
Here is a group photo I was able to get of all of them. Ryan David had a Boy Wonder costume (dear to my heart. You can see all the others in their costumes. This may be the first time I have been able to get a picture of all of our grandkids at the same time. What a happy evening for a lonely dad.
4 comments:
That is a lot of fun! It shouldn't be that hard to get everyone together for a photo now and again. . . we're all such slackers!
Post a Comment