Monday, July 16, 2012

Phillips Family Campout 2012





 No campout is complete without good eats. Larry and his family came up with the idea to make omelets inside of onion rings and pepper rings. Holy smoke! what a bunch of work! But the proof was in the eating and we loved every different version they came up with
 Nothing like a little ingenuity. We brought the old badminton set from the motorhome along with the horseshoes. We just forgot to bring a birdie (shuttlecock for those of you who are prim and proper). So we put Janene to work and she came up with one made from some toilet paper, a plastic bag and some duct tape. Duct tape to the rescue again.
 Omigosh! Look at those eyes! (don't look at the nose)
 Two little love birds, sittin' on a bench.
 Check out her blog. I'm sure she got much bettter pictures than I did
 Of course, Cy always seems to get the dirtiest of all the kids. This mixture of charcoal, good ole' dirt, marshmallows and pine needles is unlike anything I have ever seen him do. I told him to go get cleaned up.
 Here it is,  the automatic kid washer (the Kate model). Kate worked on him for several minutes, but I think she needed a pots and pans cycle for this one.
 Here are the two baby bellies two weeks later. 
 The closest thing we will ever get to a family portrait. Just one of the kids is hidden- little Andrew in the back. Well, the babies are missing too!
 Here are a bunch of little baby robins in their Robin's nest. My, those are some hungry little critters!
 Another family portrait with one adopted son
By the end there were just a few of us enjoying the comfort of the fire, but we all had a good time. There is nothing that gives me more pleasure than to see my children and their children all having a great time together.  My own father remembers the time when all of my sisters and brother had a great time at a campout at Kalaloch Beach on the Olympic Peninsula. I felt the same at the Ponderosa campground. I know it probably can't last forever. Someone may move away from here, but I am going to enjoy every minute of the time we can all be together as a family. When we are together it's like a slice of heaven - with marshmallow, dirt and dog spit on top.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

No my pictures aren't better, just different. And I don't know if I will get around to posting mine.

I love that picture of Luke!!!

Heather K. said...

Ew, whose kid was that with the marshmallow? You'd think his mom must have been just sitting around!

Freebairn Family said...

It was lots of dirty fun - best weather in the Uintas perhaps ever!

paschervente2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.