Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Wailing (and Gnashing) is Over

Janene and I have finally finished our guest bathroom remodel project that Mikey helped us get started. We stripped the wallpaper, repaired all the sheetrock, repainted, added new wallpaper. We were shocked at the cost of wallpaper....and even more shocked to find that a "double roll" is really just a single roll in the world of wallpaper. Me thinks we still were cheated. I did find another roll at NPS that helped ease the burden.
We put in new lighting, mirror and vanity along with new plumbing fixtures and toilet. The fan has been fixed. We no longer need to shout "liftoff" when we turn on the fan. For those who don't know, that is a Davidism that began when I installed a high speed computer fan to replace the old ceiling fan. Some of the plumbing pain was lessened by the findings of plumbing materials at NPS as well.
We even obtained a small stepstool for the vertically challenged members of our family. The final touch was the installation of some of our photography on the walls. Now when Lily says "I want to go in there", she may not be referring to the interior of the wall. We want to thank Brooke and Steve who helped us with the pictures and frames, Mindy for helping us pick out the accessories ( including negotiating a discount with Lowes), Lisseth for getting us the stained glass, Tales for helping us find a light fixture, and finally, Mikey.. who gave us the impetus to start the project. We couldn't have done this without your help.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Crystal said...

It looks very nice. I think I am gonna miss that fan though. :)

Crystal said...

Where is the mirror from?

Crystal said...

And another question? Where did you get the vanity top from? Did it come with the vanity? I love the square sink.

Freebairn Family said...

I really am sorry about Michael ripping your wallpaper off the wall, but it looks wonderful. Way to go!