Thursday, December 17, 2009

So much for facial recognition software

I was so excited to find that Picasa has a facial recognition sorting feature. I couldn't wait to try it out. I picked one of my favorite pictures of Cy out and then turned the program loose to find all of the pictures of Cy on my computer. Here is a representative sample of everyone it found. There are four generations of Cy in my computer.

Here is the funny thing. If you go look at each one of these other people's folders, pictures of Cy are scattered throughout. I can't figure it out. How could it mistake Shon for Cy? Or Michael? I just can't understand it. All of my children and grandchildren are so distinctive. I could never imagine anyone not being able to see the difference.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yup, no resemblance at all. :) Facial recognition software might work for my family, but not for yours.

Mac G said...

I'd say that the software has a bug, I don't see ANY resemblance at all.