It seems like just yesterday that I first met Janene. I had just celebrated my 15th birthday when I met her. I remember coming home from our summer science class after spending a whole day with her in the mountains above Coalville and finding my mom in the utility room of our new home in Bountiful. Mom was sorting clothes and ironing. I told mom all about this wonderful girl I had met. She sounded a little worried, but ended up telling me I was just twitterpated.
Three years later and we were married. That was 18 Nov 1971. Being married to that girl was the grandest adventure of my then young life. I would come home from work and marvel that I got to be with this girl all the time. We could do what ever we wanted ( so long as we could afford it). If we wanted to stay up all night, we could. No one could tell us when to go to bed - or not to go to bed!
Over the years, it has come to be a little more normal, but every morning I wake up and think "I am the luckiest man in the whole world!" It has been 41 years since that day I told my mom that I had found the girl I wanted to marry, and I am still "twitterpated". What a ride!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Congratulations!
I can't believe it's been so long! I was trying to tell my kids how long you've been married, and I was amazed to figure out it was over 35. I should have remembered that I'm almost 32 already. It's fun to hear that even when you're SO OLD, you still feel so young.
Ahhhh, sweet.
Steve and I told Miley yesterday you'd been married 38 years - he thought that was a whole lot! Sorry we didn't call, but we did think of the two wonderful folks who started it all!
Oh, my gosh! John and I just smile all over to see you guys when you were just babies! What an adventure you have had and are having. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
How sweet! I'm so glad you found each other, our lives wouldn't have been what it is today without you! It is amazing to think your love was and is a love at first sight!
I love those pictures they are a treasure!
Love you and Congratulations for sticking together through thick and thin....
Lisseth
Post a Comment