Well, this is what I expected. The typical, impossibly well manicured grounds like on Temple Square.
And, I had seen this view from Main Street. Of course, it looks a little different from the top down. This was starting to get fun.
But, I wasn't prepared for this! Bristlecone pines and a prairie? In the middle of the city?
Where did the city go? The place was filled with wildflowers and native grasses. Not a building in sight. It almost looked like the high plains of Wyoming. Pretty cool now, huh? Well that got us all excited about making our yard look good. So, it was off to Bountiful where Janene picked out tons of new plants at Pinae where they are closing out their plants. We picked out tons of perennials that are native to Utah and (this is where the slave part comes in) planted them on our back hill. You cannot plant new things without first removing the old weeds. AND ROOTS!
Man, do we have roots! and weeds!
One funny part, while I was pulling out weeds and volunteer apricot trees, I pulled really hard on one and when it came out, I went flying down the hill... and over the wall to the lawn below, all to the accompaniment of screaming from Janene. I landed on my head, so I'm OK. (actually landed on my back) Nothing was broken, just lost my sunglasses.
We also worked in the garden some more. I ended up doing whatever Janene wanted for her birthday. For two full days. Boy, it might have been easier, if I had just bought her a diamond tennis bracelet. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to spend two whole days with my best friend. Happy Birthday, Janene.
1 comment:
Ahhhh sweet. What a nice husband.
I'm glad that you didn't get hurt when you fell down the hill. That being said, when I envision what it looked like, it makes me laugh.
Post a Comment