Friday, May 1, 2009

Here's for you Brother & Sister Rogers

You asked for it. Here is the body Janene fell for. She took this picture when we first met in 1968 at Upper Emerald Pool in Zions National Park. We met during a summer science class on this field trip. Later on this night, we would hold hands for the first time as I helped her over a fence after dark at Duck Creek Campground. I had never done that with a girl before. I think we were both a little twitterpated (to quote Thumper). While we were at Zion National Park during the day, it rained buckets at Duck Creek and all of our tents were absolutely drenched. We all ended up sleeping on the bus - boys on one side and girls on the other. Janene and I stayed up all night and talked - touching toes across the aisle. By morning I knew that this was the girl I would marry. Too bad we had to wait until I graduated from high school three and a half years later.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

Very cute. And so young! To think you two crazy kids were crazy from the very beginning. . . thanks for writing this down for us!

Heather K. said...

Woo-woo! I'm surprised there aren't more whistles and cat calls here. Probably because we can't spell them, as evidenced above.

Diana said...

Robin...I didn't see this at first. So cool; you look like your boys, or should I say they look like you! What a romance. I lived down the mountain from Duck Creek in Hatch. I know that place pretty well. We had Girls' Camp there in 1962, and rain, thunder and lightening! We and everything we brought was sopping wet for three days. I remember thinking, "I've never been so cold, wet and miserable in all my life!" No wonder I didn't join the church for so long.