Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hearty News

During this last month, I went in for my annual physical. As usual, I was sick at the time and was generally expecting bad news. There was some - that is how I found that the pain in my shoulder was a torn rotator cuff. But today I got good news. The picture above is a healthy heart. Well, I just may have one somewhat like that. My cholesterol numbers came in with total cholesterol at 118 (good is less than 200), triglycerides was 46 ( ideal is less than 150), my HDL -that's the good cholesterol showed up at 49 (optimum for men is 40-50) and the bad cholesterol -LDL was a whopping 60 ( less than 100 is best). It looks like Janene's vegetable diet from our garden is working well. Hip Hip Hooray!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Diana said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work! The Rogers

Heather K. said...

Hooray! Not only does the garden give you good food, but you exercise as well. Already, I can't wait for spring.

Marie said...

That's such a...um...beautiful picture. :) Anyway, we're glad your heart is healthy as well as kind!