Saturday, June 28, 2008

Camp Piuta Excursion for the Boys

The picture above is the perfect case for having a better camera. This was taken with my cell phone and it doesn't come close to showing what we saw. This was a huge field of blubells right below Piuta. I have never seen this area so green (and blue--- and yellow) Larry Gerber, Eric Holmes, Rick Tolman and I went up to Camp Piuta to open up the camp for the season. There was still snow blocking the road. Some poor stake had the job of hand shoveling the snow off the road. We got to de- winterize a bath house and fix all the shower heads and toilets. We had a great time! We all went up in Larry's work truck, so we had ladders and tools- everything we needed. We even made gaskets and washers out of electrical fittings Larry had on his truck. We had the obligatory stop at Micky D's, so we proved that guys just never grow up.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I was just talking with somebody today about Camp Piuta and how amazingly beautiful it is up there. I didn't appreciate it much what I was a teenager. But when they put me in the young women's program a couple of years ago and I went up to Camp Piuta I was taken back with how beautiful it is. It was so peaceful.

MNCarlsson said...

Oh, that is so pretty! I always have loved wild flowers.
Last year for camp one of my employee's at work went with the ward and they stayed at a hotel/resort near Zion's. How can they even call that girls camp!
~Michelle