She was thoughtful on her 12th birthday as she tried to figure out exactly how to blow out that many candles. She didn't even get to try this Saturday because high winds kept blowing them out for her. We often get to celebrate her birthday while we are out on our Easter vacation with the Gerbers that has been a family tradition for years. This year she drove all the way from Boise to Goblin Valley and then turned right around and went back
The grandkids all love Chelane. Almost as much as Mindy. It isn't really fair to Chelane, because Mindy spoils them so and bribes them with treats. They always run to see her, especially now that she has a dog. Nobody else in the family has a dog that they bring to visit.
Chelane has always loved some kind of animal. She went through a hedgehog phase. I always wondered how she could love something so ugly. She has had cats and loved our dog Ashley. One of the saddest days was when we had to let Kiera (the cat) go back to her father in heaven. I probably spelled the name wrong. I am sure Chelane will correct me.

Outside of our trip to Hawaii this year, Chelane has never really been much into the princess thing. Even when she was acting like a princess, she had to have a critter to hold and care for.
All little girls grow up and Chelane has grown into a beautiful woman with a happy smile (most of the time) and sparkling green eyes. She lights up a room when she enters.She has been one of the hardest workers I know, devoting untold amounts of time to study and training. She is able to understand complex chemical and biological relationships that boggle my mind. I was never good at the biological sciences. I had too hard of a time understanding things that changed all the time. One thing about studying rocks - they didn't do any changing once they got to where they were.
Chelane is the last of our family to graduate from college, and she has done it in a big way. She has fulfilled her dream of being a Pharmacist when she often just wanted to give up. She has the ability to to anything she sets her mind to. If she doesn't know how to do something, she keeps at it until she figures it out.
Even though she has grown up and has her own ideas about how she wants to live her life, she will always be our little one. She was the one that we waited for and hoped for when we didn't know how we would ever handle a sixth child. She was the one that God told us was waiting to come to our family.
My life has been blessed by this little girl ( now grown). And always will be. Happy Birthday, little one.









1 comment:
I remember when we were kids- I was in kindergarten, but I still remember pretty well- we were having family prayer downstairs in the family room, and Mom kept asking, "Where is the other kid? We're missing someone." I remember looking around and thinking mom was crazy because we were all there. But Chelane wasn't born yet- and we were complete when she came. We love you Chelane! We were never complete without you!
Post a Comment