Saturday, October 30, 2010

How to remove an old fencepost.



We decided to work with our neighbors, ( the Phillips family - how strange is that?) to replace our old fence. The problem was that I put in the fence when I was young and it seemed to be OK to use lots of cement for the posts. Well, the posts rotted and I had a hard time trying to remove the old concrete. Brandon and I dug huge holes to get the concrete out and them we couldn't lift the concrete plug out of the hole, even with both of us lifting.
I came up with the idea to use my electric hoist. I drilled an anchor into the concrete and bolted a metal ring to it that I could then hook to the hoist. I used my ladder as a sky hook and Voila!
The big hunk of concrete was out of the hole - and we hardly had to dig at all. We love our new fence, by the way.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

Hey- you made that look too easy! You didn't mention how tricky and time-consuming the rest of the fence was and you didn't even put a finished photo of the fence! That was a pretty clever way to deal with the concrete though. Bravo - it does look beautiful.

Diana said...

Now how smart is that? Cool!