Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cohab Fun Fest


Every time we go to Capitol Reef, we climb the cliff face and enter Cohab Canyon. The old settlers of Fruita used the canyon to hide the polygamous patriarchs from the federal agents sent to arrest them. The entrance to the canyon is hidden by huge rock slabs. Once inside the canyon, you find yourself in this cool oasis with pinion pines and hidden alcoves throughout. The kids just love this place and could play in the canyon all day long.
The kids posed for me at the entrance to the canyon while climbing on the rock slabs. Andrew cannot be seen because he was exploring a hidden way under the rocks and into the canyon. They look like cast members for a famous kids TV show here.
The other end of the canyon drops into the Fremont River. It wasn't too long before everyone decided to cool off in the muddy water.
I guess the muddy water wasn't muddy enough for some of the"kids". They had to totally immerse themselves in the 100 proof stuff. All of these mud-caked pieces of humanity then had to be transported back to camp in peoples cars. And, No, Caleb's diaper did not hold up under these severe conditions. I think a complaint letter to Huggies is in order.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Your pictures are awesome. I am glad you took so many because for some reason I didn't.