We awoke this morning to find a little chill in the air. When I have to haul stuff up to the garden, I always like it when it is not hot. Somehow it seems easier if the air is crisp and cool. We had a few things to plant and it looked like the sun would come out. When it did for a minute or two, I was surprised to see the view to the north. We could only work a short while before the hail and wind forced us to come down from our mountain retreat. In preparation for the coming frost, we had to cover our little seedlings. We hope it doesn't get too cold. About twenty tomatoes, ten peppers and all our squash and pumpkins won't be too happy if it gets real cold.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment