Saturday, September 26, 2009

Singing in General Conference!!!


Today, we woke up early and drove in to Salt Lake and were soon seated in the choir seats at the LDS Conference Center. Janene and David Landon and I will be singing in General Conference next weekend and attended a dress rehearsal today. We will be providing the music for the Saturday afternoon session. We have been training and practicing for almost a month. There are very strict rules and we are not allowed to miss a practice or we are kicked out. I missed one practice when I had the swine flu, but somehow they overlooked my naughty deed.

It is a humbling experience to sit in those seats and to worship the Lord through song. Years ago, I had the same privilege to sing in General Conference with Dave before he died. We sang in the Tabernacle then, and Dave and I worked it out so that we sat next to each other - me in the bass section and he in the tenor section. I would never have taken on that challenge without Dave's prompting. This time, I didn't hesitate to make the commitment. I remembered the spiritual growth I experienced the last time. We are all looking forward to this experience. You can watch for Janene in the center of the soprano section. She is sitting next to a lady with the whitest hair of all the sisters. I hope someone records this for us. We would like to have a record of it. Oh, yes. You will be able to spot me easily. I will be the one picking my nose - just like in kindergarten. Arghhh! I hope I have learned something since then.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I was only listening to conference on Saturday. I need to go over to my mom's and watch the tivo, so I can see you, Adam, and Janene.

As for how I know how many posts I've done. On the blogger dashboard- it's where you manage your blog. Right below the name of your blog and right above the blue button you click on to do a new post, it tells you how many posts you've done. I hope that make sense.